Re: fencepost is fucked; anyone know what's going on?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: fencepost is fucked; anyone know what's going on?
Date: 03 Aug 2003 13:55:16 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: 03 Aug 2003 09:48:48 +0900
>
> The ssh setup on fencepost.gnu.org has apparently changed, and I can't
> login (and thus can't read my mail).
>
> I've sent off a mail to <address@hidden> but they're not known for
> their quick responses (and I suppose they could be locked out too)...
> is there anyone on this list who knows what's going on?

About 15 hours ago I got a message saying that gnu.org machines were
cracked, and that all accounts are therefore suspended until they
reinstall everything and reactivate all accounts from scratch.  You
should have received that message as well, with a request to send
them your SSHv2 public key and some general information they need to
know about the purpose of your use of gnu.org machines.

FWIW, I cannot login to fencepost as well.