Re: Subject: w32 mouse wheel handling

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Subject: w32 mouse wheel handling
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:28:13 -0400

> > I not decided to commit that patch.
> > Juanma asked me for a Changelog to commit the patch, so I thought it
> > was fine with other people.
>
> I routinely commit other people's patches, when RMS asks me to do so. I
> suppose he wasn't aware there where objections to this one. I wasn't (I
> didn't follow this particular thread).
>
> > Feel free to revert the changes, until a better solution is found.
>
> I agree. If no one does it before, I'll do in about twelve hours.

Why not fix it instead of reverting it.  After all nobody objected to
the basic idea.  Le'ts just change it to mouse-wheel-up
and mouse-wheel-down.
[ If people really really care about the naming and prefer wheel-up/wheel-down
  or wheel-north/wheel-south or wheel-forward/wheel-backward or ... I have
  no objection against any naming and I don't think anybody should either,
  so whoever does the commit gets to choose. ]

        Stefan