Re: New function `emacs-version>='

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: New function `emacs-version>='
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 20:05:35 +0900

    Juanma> But, honestly: I'm not deadly opposed to emacs-version>=,
    Juanma> it's just I think most of the time it's the wrong
    Juanma> test. Adding the function amounts to encouraging its use,
    Juanma> unless Stefan's idea (or any strong variant) is also
    Juanma> implemented.

Then we're basically in agreement.

Christoph Wedler's point about "forward" compatibility when one
implementation or another has an API and the other does not, and might
define it differently is also important.  I think cooperation of the
kind that has occurred on `split-string' can reduce the number of such
cases and thus increase the applicability of f?boundp tests, but this
will take time.