Re: file-symlink-p for remote files?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: file-symlink-p for remote files?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:47:48 -0400

    I've just looked at the new code for file-chase-links.  It occurred
    to me that it tries hard to deal with the problem that file-symlink-p
    returns a string that might not work as a filename.

Yes, and if you specify 1 for the new optional argument, you can get
the link target as a file name.

    How about adding another arg to file-symlink-p which specifies
    whether to return the link target as-is, or whether to return it as a
    filename?

That would mean moving this code into file-symlink-p.  It would be a little
cleaner as a spec, but it would be somewhat more work.

If you want to do it, ok.