Re: request for a new function, say, `sequence'

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: request for a new function, say, `sequence'
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:40:23 -0600 (CST)

Miles Bader wrote:

   BTW, pale blue-green: I keep wanting to suggest that this function
   be called `iota', after the APL function with similar
   functionality.  I think various common-lisp/schemes versions of
   this function use this name (though I seem to recall that the
   function signature is usually (iota COUNT &optional START INTERVAL)

I do not believe that Common Lisp has this function.  Does Guile?

You did not describe the actual behavior.  Guess:

(iota 3) returns (0 1 2) and:
(iota 3 7 -5) returns (7 2 -3)

To get the effect of (range a b):

(iota (1+ (- b a)) a 1)