Re: Customize Rogue

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Customize Rogue
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:37:45 -0600 (CST)

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

   Luc, forgive me if I'm starting to get a bit fed up with this, but I
   think I've been saying for about four messages now that it's *not*
   particularly related to inhibit-startup-echo-area-message.

Sorry about that.  I somehow am a slow typist and was still reacting
to your old messages when I should have been forgetting about them and
concentrating on your latest ones.  Also there is a delay between
receiving mail and the `Mail' appearing in the mode line.  Some of our
messages seem to have crossed each other "in transit".

Also, there seems to be some problem with customize completely
bypassing safeguards put into .emacs.  Either both .emacs and
customize need those safeguards or neither does.  This does not seem
to be consistent.  The fact that this was not the problem you are
interested in, but instead was one you completely inadvertently
"bumped into", does not mean that it is not a problem.

Sincerely,

Luc.