Re: Customize Rogue

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Customize Rogue
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:40:57 -0500

    I'd much prefer a customize-set-value lookalike which would set the
    value of the variable, and trick the customize machinery into believing
    I did the right thing, *without* having to load cus-edit.

If it can do the job without loading cus-edit, I guess that is an
advantage.  It is not the most important thing though.

Perhaps some of the Custom commands might want to ask the user whether
to do this.  If we can choose the right situations to do that, it would
mean users don't have to remember a command name for it, which would
be a big advantage.

    I certainly don't want to use Customize and I don't consider customize
    something I should "transition" too...

If you don't want to use Customize, I guess you would have no wish
to redo your variable settings using Customize.