Re: java line termination

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: java line termination
Date: 30 Jan 2003 20:33:08 -0700

>>>>> "rms" == Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

rms> This could conceivably be another kind of EOL conversion, say "Java"
rms> conversion.  It could treat every stray CR, every stray LF, and every
rms> CRLF, as a line end.  That might be a lot of work, but I don't know
rms> for certain.

rms> But this would lose the information about which kind of line
rms> termination was used in each line.  Saving the file would result in
rms> one that had consistent line termination.

Would merely visiting such a file cause the buffer to appear to be
modified?  If not, then I think this approach would work fine.

Tom