Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:23:34 +0000 (UTC)

   > The problem is not with experts, but with people just learning.

   Maybe we could have a "tree-state" customize option here:

   - always show tooltips
     (generate a tooltip with the same text as the menu item if
      no explicit tooltip is specified)
   - show available tooltips
     (the current functionality - show tooltips is available)
   - no tooltips
     (never show tooltips for menu items).

We definately should provide an option to turn tooltips on or off, but
no more.  Otherwise, I fear that no one will fill in the empty
tooltips; and tooltips with the same text as the menu item are
terrible, as Miles also said.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden