Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes
Date: 09 Sep 2002 23:17:35 +0100

> This could be a useful feature.  These properties won't be necessary
> for correctness, and it would be no disaster if they got lost,

It would be unfortunate, as it is clobbering data.  Especially, it's
probably not visually obvious.

Text properties are currently fragile because they're often stripped
with calls of buffer-substring-no-properties and friends.  A lot of
that was done either before composition used text properties or
without considering it, and should be re-thought -- `-no-properties'
should typically be `-some-properties'.

I'm not sure how much trouble that can cause in practice when moving
text, but I think it needs attention.