Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 23:17:01 -0400

    Not necessarily.  If we put the text property `charset' (the
    value is a charset) to a text on decoding, and check it on
    encoding, we can preserve the same byte sequence.

    Putting that text property to all the text is too much.  We
    should put it only on such characters that will be encoded
    differently without that information.

This could be a useful feature.  These properties won't be necessary
for correctness, and it would be no disaster if they got lost,
but when they are present they will bring about better results.

Would someone like to implement it?