Re: options.el obsolete?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: options.el obsolete?
Date: 11 Jul 2002 16:53:03 +0200

> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:20:36 -0600 (MDT), Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > Please do.
>
> Don't know the right procedure with CVS. I suppose remove'ing it from
> one directory and add'ing it to the other and commiting would suffice,
> but I prefer for a more knowledgeable CVS user to do it.
>

>                                                            /L/e/k/t/u

If you have CVS access, you can keep the history if you do this:

a) COPY the options.el,v file to the obsoleted/ directory

Then at your normal checkout:

b) cvs update

c) "cvs remove" the old options.el file with a log messages
   saying it has moved to the obsoleted/ directory.

d) optionally commit (with -f) a change log for the new file
   mentioning that it has been moved to opsoleted/ directory.