Re: Latin-1 non breaking space not highlighted

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Latin-1 non breaking space not highlighted
Date: 19 Apr 2002 23:07:39 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> We really just need a table somewhere that tells us what is whitespace
> and what isn't.  Currently I think there are two such tables, one is
> the standard-syntax-table, the other is the ` ' category.  Actually,
> I [:space:] and [:blank:] are two more, but [:space:] relies on the
> buffer-local syntax-table (i.e. not good, although it's not that bad
> since it only uses it for non-ASCII chars, IIRC) and [:blank:] only
> matches ASCII chars (i.e. not good either).

To be honest, given my understanding of how `show-trailing-whitespace'
is intended to be used, Kenichi's suggestions seems much better -- it's
consistent, simple, and robust (thought I don't know how simple it would
be to implement).

Can you think of a (real) case where it _wouldn't_ suffice?

-Miles
--
`Life is a boundless sea of bitterness'