Re: Enhancements to "minor-mode-map-alist" functionality.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Enhancements to "minor-mode-map-alist" functionality.
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:18:03 -0600 (MDT)

       SUBMAPS is a list of keymaps which are used at the same
       level as the bindings of this keyamp, but comes before those
       bindings.

What does that mean?
What problem is it meant to solve?

    3) I understand that there is a problem with evaling code which may
       do consing in current_minor_maps, but for most practical
       applications I would suppose that this isn't necessary.

       So maybe we can just restrict the FILTER forms/functions to
       not being allowed to do consing and document this restriction
       in the set-keymap-filter function.

There is no way to implement such a restriction,
and users don't generally know which functions do consing.

What we should do is make this code work correctly.