Re: Fringe in Show/Hide menu?

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: Fringe in Show/Hide menu?
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 18:50:51 +0200

   From: Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden>
   Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:04:34 +0200

   > > There is one problem - I do not see an easy way of saving this to .emacs
   > > via customize. Do you have an idea?
   >
   > You basically need to look at menu-bar-mode or tool-bar-mode, and
   > duplicate the work made for these.

But fringe is much more customizable (not in Emacs' style right now). You
can have no fringe, left fringe of some width, right fringe of some width,
both fringes etc... It is much more variable, so it is not as simple as it
seems to be.
--
Pavel Janík

Avoid unnecessary branches.
                  --  The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)