Re: Command remapping and the delete-frame problem.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Command remapping and the delete-frame problem.
Date: 22 Feb 2002 11:12:28 +0100

> Are you going to implement the suggestion to use [command FOO] to
> remap command FOO?  The delete-frame bug still exists as far as I
> know, and this is the cleanest fix I have seen proposed.

I have implemented command remapping like this:

        (define-key map 'command1 'command2)

But (as you decided) only for commands executed in command_loop_1, so
not knowing what the delete-frame problem is about, I cannot say
whether it will be able to fix that.

Are you now saying that remapping should have been implemented
using a specific `command' prefix like this:

        (define-key map [command command1] 'command2)

I can see that this is better than the current implementation as it
makes a clear destinction (in the keymaps) between commands and other
symbols like those used on the menu-bar, and a few symbols which are
both commands and keys (e.g. `undo').

All of this makes a lot of sense -- should I go back and change the
implementation to use an explicit `command' prefix for command
remapping?