Re: display-time, mail-icon and POP3 mailboxes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: display-time, mail-icon and POP3 mailboxes
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:37:26 -0700 (MST)

    I think I will need to test for the availability of HAVE_SELECT,
    F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK, and HAVE_GETPEERNAME (which is used to check
    whether the connect actually succeeded).

    But that might not work on all systems, so I may need to add a
    BROKEN_NON_BLOCKING_CONNECT define which can be set for systems where
    this doesn't work (just to be defencive).

Ok, that sounds fine.

    There is currently no HAVE_GETPEERNAME check in configure, but I
    suppose that can be added (by someone who speaks autoconf :-)

If that function would be in libc, it is trivial--just see how the
other such functions are handled and getpeername to the list.