Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 08:26:30 +0200 (IST)

On 1 Jan 2002, Dave Love wrote:

>  > The bidi reordering produces a terribly messed up display when you
>  > mix Hebrew letters with symbols and math operators;
>
> Then it sounds as though there's something wrong with it.  Yudit
> displays what I expect it to, not messed up.

I don't have Yudit installed anywhere near me, so I cannot play with it.
You might try typing the following input, from left to right:

    like this: A * 0.1, 10% = B {n! = C}

Try it first with A, B, and C replaced with the left-to-right symbols
aleph, beth, and gimel.  Then try it again with right-to-left Hebrew
letters instead.  If you don't get a messed-up display in the second
case, then Yudit's implementation of the Unicode bidirectional algorithm
is either incomplete or buggy.