Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el
Date: 01 Jan 2002 18:18:03 +0000

 > I fail to see how discussing changes to Emacs can be a waste of
 > time.

This is labouring a trivium (according to that file's authors and
handa) when there are serious bugs outstanding which I'd like to see
fixed.

 > This is a collective effort; don't we want to make sure we have a
 > reasonable agreement about code that's added?  And if there are
 > disagreements or misunderstandings, shouldn't they be discussed and
 > resolved?

I'm asking for a sense of proportion, and due weight to be given to
the opinions of implementors and users of features in the light of
their experience.  There are plenty of things I'd object to which
aren't worth the candle arguing about.

If people don't consult me about changing what I've contributed or am
supposed to maintain, I don't see why I should consult anyone else
when I change them in an obvious way after finding a problem.

As it happens, I made that change after consulting handa.  I'm
strongly discouraged from discussing such things except with him or
other Mule implementors.