Re: VMS

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: VMS
Date: 01 Jan 2002 18:48:42 +0000

 > I think you can regard the VMS port as dead, for all practical
 > purposes.  The last version of Emacs that could be built for VMS was
 > 19.28, IIRC.

Someone offered to fund a port of Emacs 20, and I got the impression
it was going ahead when I asked him to make sure the code got
assigned/contributed.  I can't find an archived reply to say who it
was, but I guess he asked for a porter in comp.emacs and/or
gnu.emacs.help, probably around two years ago.