Re: Language environments

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Language environments
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 04:20:06 -0700 (MST)

    >From Emacs's point of view I suggest handling all four ISO 639
    abbreviations (Serbo-Croatian (sh), Serbian (sr), Croatian (hr), and
    Bosnian (bs)) with a single Emacs language environment that supports
    both Cyrillic and Latinic well.  Other orthographies for that language
    are not in common use any more, but they can be added later as needed.

Supporting names by handling them when the user uses them
is no problem--we can implement as many names as users want.
The only difficulty comes in places where we have to choose
one name to display in a certain piece of text.