Re: isearch C-o patch (post-freeze resubmission)

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: isearch C-o patch (post-freeze resubmission)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:02:58 +0900 (JST)

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>>  In addition, in my experience, it's very very rare that I want to
>>  invoke some command bound to C-c plus something without terminating
>>  incremental search explicitly

> However, since C-c is used as a prefix for mode- and user-defined
> bindings, it's impossible to say this is always the case.

Of course.  I just claimed that when I use those mode- and
user-defined commands, I'm rarely in isearch mode.
Comparatively speaking, I use C-o to open a line while in
isearch mode more often.

> I think it's a bad idea to rebind a prefix key for this
> purpose.

Perhaps.  How about C-i (TAB)?  Currently, C-i in isearch
mode searches for TAB.  I didn't know that.  I have been
doing C-q C-i for that.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden