Re: Fringes and the emacs manual(s)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fringes and the emacs manual(s)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:26:42 +0200 (IST)

On 26 Nov 2001, Kim F. Storm wrote:

> Maybe the manual entries for 'window border' and 'window margins' should
> mention the `fringe' with a cross-reference.

I'm not sure what entries did you mean: I don't find these entries
anywhere in the manual.

We have a "fringe" item in the Glossary.  If you meant that we should add
index entries for "window border", that Glossary item would be the right
place.

In general, I think that we should advertise the Glossary more on the
users' news groups.  It is my impression that it is not used as much as
it should have been.