Re: Changes in the menu bar

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in the menu bar
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:27:06 +0200 (IST)

On 26 Nov 2001, Miles Bader wrote:

> address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> > And changing the wording in the menu from "Apropos Variable" to
> > "Variable Matching Regexp" is a negligible price to pay for making
> > the feature more accessible to the newbies.
>
> I like it; I think something like `Show Matching Variables' (&c) would
> be a bit more consistent with the rest of the menu though.

This is okay as well, provided that we mention ``regexp'' somewhere in
the help text.  Amazingly enough, many users don't realize they can use
regular expressions here.

> Of course then my suggestion of `General Apropos' becomes not so good,

If it comes last in the menu, like it does now, we could keep "General
Apropos", and rely on the other items to explain what is missing in this
one.