Re: Emacs build failure

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: Emacs build failure
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 05:42:53 -0500

> I think so, too.  Should I remove it now?

Yes, please do.

Well, I've got about half of calc compiling in the normal Emacs
Makefile, but there are an absurd number of byte-compiler warnings.

One thing we could do is just exclude the lisp/calc directory from the
normal lisp/Makefile byte-compilation rules, and just have a special
calc target which would cd $(lisp)/calc/ && $(MAKE).  Pretty ugly, but
it would give us a working calc very quickly.

What I'm doing now is working on an eshell-style build system where
all the files do:

(eval-when-compile
  (require 'calc-maint))

But the dependencies are pretty complex.

Another alternative is to simply remove calc from being compiled at
all until it works in the normal system.