Re: Proposal: emulation-mode-map-alist

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Proposal: emulation-mode-map-alist
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:03:49 -0700 (MST)

    I guess I could let cua mode do the same, but I've thought about it,
    and it seems more generic to introduce a new emulation-mode-map-alist
    variable which functions just like minor-mode-map-alist and
    minor-mode-overriding-map-alist, but comes before those.

I'd rather not do anything this until we have more experience and it
becomes more clear what is the right thing to do here.