Re: Should hl-line-mode be buffer-local?

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Re: Should hl-line-mode be buffer-local?
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:47:08 -0200

> I want to disable the hl-line-mode for *eshell* buffers but enable it for all
> other buffers.
>
> The only problem is that hl-line-mode is global by default.
>
> Should we either have:
>
>     - an option to disable/enable it locally (hl-line-local-mode)
>
>     - hl-line-mode local by default and require the user to enable it for
> every
>       buffer.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Kevin

You could use highline package that can be downloaded from:

   http://www.cpqd.com.br/~vinicius/emacs/

highline package was inspired on hl-line.el, highlight-current-line.el and
linemenu.el, it has global/local modes and several ways to highlight the
current line.

Unfortunately, highline is not (yet) part of GNU Emacs :-(

Vinicius