default bg color on ttys

From: Miles Bader
Subject: default bg color on ttys
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:40:04 +0900 (JST)

Ok, on an xterm, this now sets the default bg mode to `light'.

However, since I use dark-background xterms, I want to override this,
and can't find any good way.  `emacs -nw -q -bg black' is the only thing
I could think of, and it:

  * Displays the mode-line as black-on-black (this is probably a bug?)

  * Forces the background color to *black*, as opposed to using the
    terminals default background (bg == "unspecified-bg").  This
    actually makes a difference if your terminal background is not
    really black, but merely blackish (e.g., I use a very dark pixmap as
    my terminal background).

I guess I don't really want to use the -bg switch on ttys, I just want
to override the default setting of the background-mode frame parameter,
preferably from the command line, or something...

Any better suggestions?

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche