[Dvdrtools-users] Does Linux support external USB DVD writers?

From: Chuck E Cheese
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Does Linux support external USB DVD writers?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:20:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I have a laptop, and although I can buy an
internal DVD writer upgrade, installing it
could be very difficult and would void the
warranty, therefore I am planning to buy an
external enclosure and a NEC or LG writer.
However the question that is most important
is, does Linux support an external DVD
writer?

Thanks for any info.
Yib