Re: [Dvdrtools-users] dvdrecord failing for large files (2GB)

From: Allan Peda
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] dvdrecord failing for large files (2GB)
Date: 12 Jun 2003 14:38:37 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for he quick reply.  I googled all over the place, and I saw some
claims that it was kernel related, but I can easily create a 3.0GB file
using other utilities (like cp, or dd)

address@hidden workarea]$ uname -r
2.4.20-18.8

And I can create a big (2.9GB) empty file:
address@hidden workarea]$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/backup/tmp/zerofile.foo
count=6000000
6000000+0 records in
6000000+0 records out
address@hidden tmp]$ ls -lhd *
-rw-rw-r--    1 allan    allan        2.9G Jun 12 14:34 zerofile.foo

So I figured that it was (is) not related to the kernel.

/a

--
Allan Peda

Programmer, Gene Array Resource Center