[Dvdrtools-users] dvdrecord failing for large files (2GB)

From: Allan Peda
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] dvdrecord failing for large files (2GB)
Date: 12 Jun 2003 12:47:59 -0400

Hi:

I am trying to backup some database dumps that are about 3.5GB in size.
Currently they compress very nicely to ~600MB, so my problem is really
an annoyance right now.  Still the tables are growing.

Has anyone solved or worked around this 2GB single file mkisofs
restriction?  I tried using microedge software to do the backups,
controlling the DVD recorder (the venerable Pioneer A-105), but it has
it's own issues.

Once again, the error is:

mkisofs -r -J -udf -o db_dump.iso db.dump

mkisofs: Value too large for defined data type. File db.dump is too
large - ignoring

mkisofs -version
mkisofs 2.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

This occurs whether or not I use the -udf option, Ugh.  I'm having a
look at the source next.  Wouldn't it be great if it was simply a matter
of switching a few ints for longs?

--
Allan Peda

Programmer, Gene Array Resource Center