Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Mysterious Breakage?

From: Richard Stevens
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Mysterious Breakage?
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 00:58:55 +0200

Hi,

> Current Secsize: 2048
>   ATIP start of lead in:  -150 (00:00/00)
> Disk type:    unknown
> Manuf. index: -1
> Manufacturer: unknown (not in table)
> dvdrecord: Cannot get disk type.
>

>         It says this about all my disks, both the cheap datasafe ones and
> the proper pioneer ones. It might not even be looking properly because the
> drive doesnt spin and the light doesnt come on. I downloaded version 0.1.4
> and built the source, but it does the same thing.

I also have the pioneer 105 and have never burned one single DVD without
getting the same error. In addition I always get a warning that the drive
reports the startsector. I got those errors with 0.1.3 and get them now with
0.1.4, both on Gentoo current.
This doesn't seem to matter though, since it still burns ahead fine.

Does the process stop after that with your setup? What firmware do you have?
Maybe it's that? I have the most current one installed (1.30). Don't know if
that matters though, since at least your pioneer media should work with the
drive.

I don't think your problem is because of that error message, I guess it's
elsewhere. Then again, I wouldn't have a clou where, sorry.

Regards,

Richard