[Dvdrtools-users] Mysterious Breakage?

From: Tim
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Mysterious Breakage?
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:32:57 +0100

Hi,
 I have been using dvdrecord 0.1.3 (from debian) happily with my DVR-105
for the last couple months. But today

>mkisofs -J -R . | dvdrecord -v -dummy -dao speed=2 dev=1,0 fs=20m
tsize=2289915s -
Current Secsize: 2048
  ATIP start of lead in:  -150 (00:00/00)
Disk type:    unknown
Manuf. index: -1
Manufacturer: unknown (not in table)
dvdrecord: Cannot get disk type.

        It says this about all my disks, both the cheap datasafe ones and
the proper pioneer ones. It might not even be looking properly because the
drive doesnt spin and the light doesnt come on. I downloaded version 0.1.4
and built the source, but it does the same thing.

        Funnily enough, cdrecord-prodvd still writes fine with all my
disks.

Any ideas? :(

Cheers,
Tim