[Dvdrtools-users] MATSHITA DVD-RAM LF-D310

From: Kyle Schmitt
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] MATSHITA DVD-RAM LF-D310
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:00:37 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I did something stupid.  I saw this drive on sale,
and I had the cash, so i bought it, without
researching it first.
After my inital failure with cdrecord and later
dvdrecord, I dug through the mailing lists and found
several other people have purchased this drive, and
had no success.  But all those posts are over 4 months
old.  Some almost 8.
Has there been any more luck getting this drive to
work for dvd r or dvd rw burning?
Or should I pack it up and return it from the hell
(compusa) from wence it came?

Thanks all.

--Kyle

--ps the output of dvdrecord
# /usr/local/bin/dvdrecord -inq -prcap -dev 1,0,0
dvdrtools v0.1.3
Portions (c) 2002-2003 Ark Linux <address@hidden>
Based on:
Cdrecord 1.11a15 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2001 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: '1,0,0'
scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'MATSHITA'
Identifikation : 'DVD-RAM LF-D310 '
Revision       : 'A123'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD.

Drive capabilities, per page 2A:

  Does read CD-R media
  Does not write CD-R media
  Does read CD-RW media
  Does not write CD-RW media
  Does read DVD-ROM media
  Does read DVD-R media
  Does write DVD-R media
  Does read DVD-RAM media
  Does write DVD-RAM media
  Does support test writing
<snip>
  Maximum read  speed in kB/s: 0
  Current read  speed in kB/s: 0
  Maximum write speed in kB/s: 0
  Current write speed in kB/s: 0
  Buffer size in KB: 1024

yet no matter what I do when trying to burn a disc
(even a plain cd)

/usr/local/bin/dvdrecord: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or
unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder found on this target.