Re: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD DVR-104 HELP

From: Andre Dalle
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD DVR-104 HELP
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:18:32 -0500

I also have a Pioneer DVD-A04.

I am using ide-scsi as well, these are my settings from
/proc/ide/hda/settings

Note that I do not have DMA enabled.  I never had any trouble writing,
though I am only writing at 1X.

I have done no customization except to build the IDE & ide-scsi support into
the kernel, and pass "hda=ide-scsi" as a kernel parameter via grub.

It may also be worth mentioning that my Pioneer is the only IDE device in
my system.  My disks are all SCSI.

I am running Gentoo Linux 1.2:
Linux kermit.dalle.ca 2.4.19-xfs-r2 #1 Sat Nov 16 17:56:57 EST 2002 i686
AuthenticAMD

kermit hda # cat settings
name                    value           min             max             mode
----                    -----           ---             ---             ----
bios_cyl                0               0               1023            rw
bios_head               0               0               255             rw
bios_sect               0               0               63              rw
current_speed           0               0               69              rw
ide_scsi                0               0               1               rw
init_speed              0               0               69              rw
io_32bit                0               0               3               rw
keepsettings            0               0               1               rw
log                     0               0               1               rw
nice1                   1               0               1               rw
number                  0               0               3               rw
pio_mode                write-only      0               255             w
slow                    0               0               1               rw
transform               1               0               3               rw
unmaskirq               0               0               1               rw
using_dma               0               0               1               rw