[Duplicity-talk] Remove everything before doing a new full backup

From: Aitor Soroa
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Remove everything before doing a new full backup
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 08:25:07 +0100

Hi!

My backup scheme consists of creating a full backup at the beginning of
each month and then daily incremental backups. The problem is that my
remote storage does not have enough space to store two full backups, so at
the beginning of each month I need to erase everything before starting
the new full backup. So I need something like:

IF the full backup is older than one month THEN
  - remove all backups
  - start a new full backup.
ELSE
  - do an incremental backup

I know that this schema is sub-optimal, and that there exists a window
where I can lose everything, but I can live with that.

Is there any way to do this with duplicity?

thanks!