[Duplicity-talk] Archive files permissions, extra logging

From: Adam Pribyl
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Archive files permissions, extra logging
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 09:14:19 +0100 (CET)

Is there a way to change the permissions for the archive files created by duplicity? It looks to me like this is hardcoded into the duplicity as there is

def do_backup(action)
  os.umask(0o77)

so it always creates the files with 600 (only user read/write),

Extra logging in the

def list_current(col_stats):
            user_info = u"%s %s %s" % (dup_time.timetopretty(path.getmtime()),
                                    path.type,
                                    util.ufn(path.get_relative_path()))
            log_info = "%s %s %s" % (dup_time.timetostring(path.getmtime()),
                                    util.escape(path.get_relative_path()),
                                     path.type)
            log.Log(user_info, log.INFO, log.InfoCode.file_list,
                    log_info, True)

but I did not found how to achieve the log_info to be printed. I can not make sens out of log.Log function "extra" argument...

Thanks for hints.

Adam Pribyl