Re: [Duplicity-talk] Directory changes when mid-backup?

From: Robert Krig
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Directory changes when mid-backup?
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 14:55:00 +0100

Most backup tools will simply report an error at the end that some files could not be backed up. The backup should usually complete. But it depends on how picky a specific backup tool is. For this reason you definitely want some sort of snapshot mechanism available in your filesystem. Some things you can take a look at are, BTRFS, ZFS and LVM. BTRFS and ZFS are filesystems and LVM is for flexible managing of partitions. However, all of these are things that need to be setup at the beginning, when setting up your system. Adding it after the fact, while totally doable, can be quite tricky for inexperienced users.