[Duplicity-talk] (B2) FatalBackendException: Bucket cannot be created

From: MRob
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] (B2) FatalBackendException: Bucket cannot be created
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 23:03:44 +0000

Hello,

Been getting this for some while--
FatalBackendException: Bucket cannot be created

Bucket does exist and was happy being used for backups for a year previous. Error now happens on all actions, cannot access bucket to do anything at all. Funny thing but I didnot change my version or update software packages but B2 said they have no problems either so I'm not sure what really change to cause this. I can't find only a single refernce to this error on the web promising a fix in new version (of duplicity?)

Getting desperate I try just set up a new empty bucket but same error. So duplicity can not talk to B2 any longer. Can anyone help?

v0.7.06 (best available from apt-get)

Backend error detail: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1532, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1526, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1364, in main
    action = commandline.ProcessCommandLine(sys.argv[1:])
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/commandline.py", line 1108, in ProcessCommandLine
    globals.backend = backend.get_backend(args[0])
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backend.py", line 223, in get_backend
    obj = get_backend_object(url_string)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backend.py", line 209, in get_backend_object
    return factory(pu)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backends/par2backend.py", line 48, in __init__ self.wrapped_backend = backend.get_backend_object(parsed_url.url_string) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backend.py", line 209, in get_backend_object
    return factory(pu)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backends/b2backend.py", line 80, in __init__
    raise FatalBackendException("Bucket cannot be created")
FatalBackendException: Bucket cannot be created