Re: [Duplicity-talk] 2 incomplete backup sets

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 2 incomplete backup sets
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:05:35 +0100

On 11.02.2015 23:24, Jeffrey Yunes wrote:
> Hi duplicity experts,
>
> I have a couple questions and suggestions.
>
> Do you know why I would ever have "2 incomplete backup sets?" That is, why
> did duplicity start a new backup set before completing the first one? Is
> there a way I can continue an incomplete backup?

no, duplicity decides if it can resume the incomplete backup.

use the cleanup action to remove the files of incomplete backup runs from the
backend.

> Also, can I can restore a file from an incomplete backup set?

there is a manual restore approach which can be used if all fails
 https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/DejaDup/Help/Restore/WorstCase#Restoring_by_Hand

> Finally, when my disk ran out of space, I eventually got an error that
> sounded like there was a network problem. I think it would be nice to have a
> more descriptive error message.

you didn't actually keep a copy of the error stack for me to look at?

..ede/duply.net