Re: [Duplicity-talk] --file-to-restore without passphrase

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] --file-to-restore without passphrase
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 19:42:48 +0100

On 21.11.2014 19:30, Grant wrote:

>> no.it is suggested however as one corrupt volume will make all backups
>> afterwards in that chain unrestorable as well.
>

> Is doing a periodic full verify a good substitute for a periodic full backup?

do the math. the more volumes, the more likely that one might get corrupted-
the only way to keep the volume count small is a short chain, hence a
preriodical full to start a new.

verification should be part of backup routine anyway. after all you value the
data enough to make backups.

..ede/duply.net