Re: [Duplicity-talk] FTP upload failed

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] FTP upload failed
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 13:00:13 +0100

On 02.11.2014 10:26, Yves Goergen wrote:
> On 01.11.2014 23:24 CE(S)T, Yves Goergen wrote:
>> Today I got the error message that the backend FTP upload has failed for
>> 25 times and it was giving up. Do I have to do something now or will it
>> upload any missing pieces later? How is an upload failure handled by
>> duplicity?

a fatal upload failure (all retries spent) results in a failed backup

>> The file names look like it's been an incremental backup run. I could
>> now run a full backup if it's necessary, but I don't know whether it is.

keep your logs. it is mentioned in there.

> Question answered: duplicity does not recover from this and I need to clear
> any previous backups and run another full backup to make it work again. Not
> exactly a safe solution...

no. you do not need to clear anything.
a 0.6.x duplicity will decide if it can resume the backup or start a new backup.

if there are files of interrupted unresumed backups you can use duplicity clean
... .

what's your duplicity version?

..ede/duply.net