Re: [Duplicity-talk] Any Red Hat / CentOS 5 Users?

From: Timo Schöler
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Any Red Hat / CentOS 5 Users?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 06:47:03 +0200

On 10/22/2013 10:51 PM, thus Michael Terry spake:

> I'm just doing a quick unscientific poll on how many Red Hat / CentOS 5
> users we have lurking here.
>
> I note that Red Hat 5 ends its Production 2 phase [1] on Jan 31st and am
> curious how many duplicity users plan to stick with it.
>
> Supporting RH5 makes it difficult to fix some filename encoding issues
> and to begin supporting python 3.x.
>
> I'm biased because I've long been chomping at the bit to start porting
> to python3, but I wanted to hear from people that actually use RH.  I
> don't know how common RH5 usage is.

Hi,

both in the companies I work for as well as for private server stuff I
use duplicity a lot, on all kinds of distributions, but mainly
Scientific Linux and CentOS, both 6 and 5. Latter one being still the
majority (I'd say around 250 hosts running duplicity).

Cheers,

Timo