[Duplicity-talk] directory names with spaces (an old chestnut?)

From: Adam Gold
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] directory names with spaces (an old chestnut?)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:08:48 +0100

I know this subject has been discussed before
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-talk/2010-07/msg00017.html) but
I'd like to get the 'up-to-date' answer, as it were, which I haven't been able
to find - sorry if I missed it.  I can't restore directories which have spaces
in the names, whether I use quotes (single or double) or an escape character.
I get a message which says something along the lines of "Expected 2 args, got
3".  I'm using duply as a wrapper so an example command is: duply fileset fetch
'fileset/files/this directory' '/home/restore' .  I've also tried duplicity
'file:///archive_location/fileset/files/this directory' '/home/restore'.

Can this actually be done or should I simply eliminate spaces from the names of
directories before I backup?  Obviously I won't be naming any new directories
with spaces in the name.