[Duplicity-talk] Failed collection-status on another server: public key

From: Ryan Chan
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Failed collection-status on another server: public key decryption failed: bad passphrase
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 23:13:15 +0800

On a server I need to backup, I have created the following keys

signature.pub.gpg, signature.sec.gpg
encryption.pub.gpg. encryption.sec.gpg

and scheduled the backup job using command:

export PASSPHRASE=DUMMY
duplicity --sign-key 'ABC' --encrypt-key '123' ...

and I was able to perform `duplicity list-current-files ` and `collection-status` on this server, GOOD.

Now, the problem is when I export the 4 keys and import into another server, and I run the same `collection-status`,

export PASSPHRASE=DUMMY
duplicity collection-status

it returned..

Synchronizing remote metadata to local cache...
Copying duplicity-full-signatures.20111226T050302Z.sigtar to local cache.
GPGError: GPG Failed, see log below:
===== Begin GnuPG log =====
gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit RSA key, ID XXX, created 2011-12-23
"Backup Encryption Key <address@hidden>"
gpg: public key decryption failed: bad passphrase
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available
===== End GnuPG log =====

Any hints?

I have verified by using gpg --list-keys, gpg --list-secret-keys and make sure I have the keys.

Thanks.