Re: [Duplicity-talk] Full backups

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Full backups
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:44:39 +0200

Le lundi 29 août 2011 à 08:57 +1200, address@hidden a écrit :

> There is therefore a bit of a tension between Full backups (which are more
> likely restorable) and incremental backups (which provide all intermediate
> versions). There are options so that it deletes the ones that are older than
> x months etc., but it seems to me that the "max full" option cuts across that
> and is going to mean that my backups are shorter than that setting. Is that
> correct?

I'm afraid I don't master english well enough to decypher your prose, so
I didn't fully understand your concerns, but may I suggest you have a
look at command "remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full", which the man describes
as :
        remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full count
        Delete  incremental  sets  of all backups sets that are older than
        the count:th last full backup (in other words, keep only old full
backups
        and not their increments)...

This is something I've added in order to keep quit some number of old
full monthly snapshots, while not filling mys disks too fast by keeping
intermediary increments

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--