Re: [Duplicity-talk] FileobjHooked instance has no attribute 'name'

From: Wolfgang Rohdewald
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] FileobjHooked instance has no attribute 'name'
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:49:50 +0200

On Freitag 15 April 2011, address@hidden wrote:
> On 15.04.2011 08:42, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> > is there a good reason why you top quoted? I don't so
> > what you quoted from my mail will not appear here
>
> no, i didn't

your answer was above my text.

> so you actually tried to do a new full and observed if the
> error persists?

No.

This bug report is not about any problem with saving or
restoring backups. It is about duplicity not being able
to correctly show an error message and thusly obscuring
what really happened.

The problem is that whatever error message duplicity is
trying to show at line 891 will never be shown because
the generation of the error message is broken.

self.fileobj has no attribute 'name' and using it
for generating the error message is wrong.

so duplicity dies while preparing the actual error
message - which is lost forever.

only after fixing this, we will have a chance to
find out what error really happened. Both in my
case and in ticket 2743.

I now made a fix in my local copy - simply do not
print self.fileobj.name. Now I hope this problem
will happen again so the real problem can be fixed.

The recipe I gave is a way force the error in
generating the error message: Force
duplicity to take this code path (syncing metadata)
and print self.fileobj.name - even if there was
no error.

That will raise the same exception:

AttributeError: FileobjHooked instance has no attribute 'name'

--
Wolfgang