[Duplicity-talk] What happens after an aborted backup?

From: Yves Goergen
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] What happens after an aborted backup?
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:29:30 +0200

Hi,

Last night my backup FTP server was only rarely available while
duplicity decided to do a full backup. Somewhere in the middle it
decided to give up on it. I now reran the command to see whether it
would still work for the next scheduled backup. Actually I selected not
to do a full backup in the middle of the day, but duplicity now just
seems to continue doing the full backup of last time. The source has
changed in the meantime, there's a whole new LVM snapshot and 5 hours
have passed since it aborted. So what is duplicity actually doing right
now? Is it fixing the last aborted full backup? Is is continuing at
volume 44 (it is!) but actually doing a new complete full backup? The
last full backup took about 70 volumes @ 100 MiB. I can't imagine that
it's doing something useful now...

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <address@hidden>