Re: [Duplicity-talk] BZIP2 support on Mac OSX does not seem to work

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] BZIP2 support on Mac OSX does not seem to work
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 16:19:55 -0500

Duplicity will not produce .tar.bz2.gpg extensions, it will produce ...tar.gz or ...tar.gpg extensions.

What is the full command line you are using?  Do you know what version of duplicity you have?

...Ken

Madhusudan Singh wrote:
The google search did reveal that I should be getting .tar.bz2.gpg extensions. So, I do not know if my mac's version of duplicity is broken somehow (unlikely, since it passes on this task to gpg) or its a gpg problem.

From a pure size expectation perspective, it does not look like that the files generated at bzipped (from what I know of the chuck size, and the actual files that went into the chunk). How can I check (remove the gpg extension first, somehow) ?