[Duplicity-talk] Re: BZIP2 support on Mac OSX does not seem to work

From: Madhusudan Singh
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: BZIP2 support on Mac OSX does not seem to work
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:37:45 -0500

The .tar.gpg should read .difftar.gpg. The question stands.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Madhusudan Singh <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to use duplicity (latest version and dependencies from MacPorts) to create .tar.bz2.gpg (compressed and encrypted) backups on a remote Linux server.

I am using --gpg-options='--compress-algo=bzip2 --bzip2-compress-level=9' as the command line option as suggested in various discussions accessible via Google.

However, the remote backups created are .tar.gpg (and hence are not compressed).

Details:

$ gpg --help
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.10

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH, CAMELLIA128,
        CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

So, gpg installation here does support BZIP2.

What am I missing ?